GSA Techsource is looking for an outstanding User Researcher, who can make a positive impact, and who wants to contribute to the most demanding and exciting new digital service for the UK Government. Let’s be clear about the impact of your work – better digital services in government will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people.
You have a strong research background, with experience in the full range of User research and design methods and the ability to translate research findings into actionable recommendations and be ready to quickly get to work in an agile multidisciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Lead on research projects, working with a wider team of Designers, Analysts and Developers to help define and deliver the best methodology to address the specific needs in producing a responsive digital service
- Familiarise yourself with the project’s user research work to date and devise a strategy of moving the work forward
- Plan, design and conduct user research sessions, including guerrilla testing, user testing, focus groups and workshops, persona creation and card sorting on a regular basis, testing both high-level concepts, and aspects of the service as it is designed and developed, and developing and maintaining a picture of the users
- Collaboratively analyse the findings of user research to identify common themes and points of user contention and provide actionable recommendations to the relevant team members.
- Apply knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to product and service design in an iterative development environment
- At least 3 years of practical experience of qualitative research methodologies, in terms of design, execution and analysis
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for web user centred design practices
- Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.