You will be responsible for delivering and supporting the enterprise security architecture and controls, ensuring the operational status of tools and systems used by the Security Operations and CSIRT. Working as part of Security Engineering function and the wider Security Operations team, you will be expected to maintain security controls and policies, monitoring and reporting appliances health in addition to the analysis and improvement of security controls, policies, and rule base and providing reported evidence of improvements. Additionally, you will be helping with the monitoring of information security controls within the client by analysing alerts setting and detections, minimizing false positives and actively taking responsibility for all the Security Operations team controls and tooling.
To undertake the following accountabilities and Activities:
- Aid in the operation of security standards and best practices and implement controls to help meet them.
- Develop use cases, playbooks, policies and developing custom tooling to improve our security maturity.
- Recommend security enhancements and service improvement to help drive effective detection, containment, and eradication of security risks.
- Help to develop our strategies to respond to and recover from security incidents and breaches.
- Undertake testing of our security controls to make sure they are operating within the expected detection guidelines.
- Investigate and resolve complex and high-priority incidents.
- Ensure IS policies and procedures are adhered to including security and technical standards.
Help develop security and operational tools, policies, and rule bases to monitor and analyse the security posture of the IT estate and identify anomalous activity and behaviours.
Help to refine and develop dashboards and reports to continuously improve security situational awareness.
Help in the production of reports and MI to present activity and outcome of operational security services improvements.
Operate and improve upon existing policies and ruleset for tooling such as: -
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.