UI Designer / Visual Designer
|Job Title:||UI Designer / Visual Designer|
|Salary:||£35000 - £60000 per annum, Benefits: Great standard company benefits and bonus|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Fairweather|
|Job Published:||July 23, 2019 10:59|
My client are looking for an experienced UI designer to join our fast-growing Labs / UX team.
"We want a UI expert, with a strong aesthetic sense, who uses visual craft and flair, to create stand out experiences for our clients.
You balance the big picture with the fine detail, and know when less is more, and when to turn up the dazzle.
You’re a natural communicator (visual, written and verbal): comfortable engaging with clients, team-members, end-users; and adept at getting your idea across in a number of ways (sketches, story-boards, mood-boards, style tiles, prototypes, hi-fi design etc).
Your primary concern is the interface, but you’re happy to get involved from workshops, research through to prototyping and development. You’re enthusiastic at the idea of mix skill teams, and have your own ideas about how to do it well.
You’ll question specs and proposals, when it’s the right thing to do. At the same time, you’re adaptable and realistic; you can estimate scope and time and prioritise, multi-task and communicate in order to set the right expectations and meet deadlines.
You’re at home with ambiguity and can adapt to context, helping to plan and implement the right combination of activities and deliverables, to best meet project goals. We sometimes need to ramp-up quickly to help our clients and need to be able to make a difference early in the project.
You appreciate working autonomously within an encouraging environment – like us, you value balance between life and work."
In more detail, we’re after someone with:
Experience & Qualifications
- Experience working as a UI / visual designer within agency, design studio or product environment, ideally with experience of both public-sector and commercial clients
- A portfolio, demonstrating successful UI design addressing problems, across a variety of products/artefacts for different devices.
- Case studies showing a process that builds upon user research, IA and interaction flows (show us how visual design fits/feeds into wider design practise).
- Degree or higher in a relevant subject, or equivalent experience
- Experience working within Agile/SCRUM processes
- Experience of working in design sprints
- Expertise with fundamental design principles
- In-depth knowledge of UCD design techniques, understanding when and where to apply them
- Expertise with a range of tools available to design, share, test and iterate.
- Knowledge of frequent/impactful issues (find-ability, accessibility / usability) and practises to address them
- Improving the quality of our creative process, and helping to grow the skills of all involved.
- Provide realistic time/scope/risk estimates and being dedicated in helping to realise those.
- Lead clients and the team members in workshops, design walkthroughs and presentations
- Work with the team and partners to identify and prioritise goals, and define artefacts and outcomes
- A strong advocate of design craft within business, understanding where this gives the best value
- Help clients align behind solutions that deliver their business objectives
- Understand product/business lifecycle and how design can deliver value
- Familiar with agile (and agile-like) process
- Understanding of development process, and how to make visual design fit effectively
- Knowledge of the tools and techniques available to share design with your team and to support them in delivering the best product
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, and to develop and mentor their skills in getting the most from design
- Ability to move with team members, iterating designs as a project progresses
- Communicate the value of design in new business activities: proposal writing; project scoping and presentations
- Present articulately, and explain design concepts to clients (some of whom may be inexperienced in design, or skeptical of the value)
- Have the insight to engage and develop strong working relationships with all sorts of people
- Be confident enough to both stick to your principles and flexible enough to take onboard those of other team members
- Understand the communications needs around delivering design quality, that help make a compelling case
Please send me over an updated copy of you CV to find out more!
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's