|Job Title:||Transformation Director - Government|
|Salary:||£700 - £750 per day - Outside IR35|
|Start Date:||July/Aug 2018|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Dean|
|Job Published:||24 days ago|
Transformation Director - Government
• Hours:7.4 Weekly 37
• Location: This role can be based in any office - Reading, Exeter, York, Workington, Carlisle or Newcastle. Travel to other offices will be required on a regular basis.
• Contract Length: 6 Months
• Security Clearance Level Required: DBS - BPSS with Basic Disclosure (issued by Disclosure & Barring Service or Disclosure Scotland)
We are seeking an outstanding Transformation Director to lead the Countryside and Environmental Stewardship Programme.
You will be using your skill, knowledge and expertise to lead this activity. Due to a scale and complexity of this change we are seeking a senior and experienced Programme Director. You will be providing strong leadership and direction; delivering in a complex, fast paced and often ambiguous environment.
• Credible Programme delivery: A breadth of Delivery experience and expertise, including
designing and planning complex programmes involving significant change in a government
department, broad and demonstrable experience of leading and delivering business and
experience of turning around performance delivery.
• Experience of managing a complex stakeholder landscape within a major transformation
programme including stakeholders outside of organisation boundaries such as industry
• Experience of successful delivery of major transformation/turnaround programmes in the
public or private sector corporate organisation/business, which involved large scale or
complex change and/or significant transformation
• Strategic thinking, with the ability to drive delivery, whilst sustaining the provision of
analytical rigour without getting overly caught up in the detail. The ability to influence
strategically; analysing complex issues and develop innovative, creative solutions and
• Stakeholder engagement: Excellent stakeholder engagement skills with the ability to work
to influence and negotiate discussions with a diverse range of stakeholders with differing
requirements, including senior leaders and public bodies and up to Ministerial level
Experience in delivering Change. Will report directly to CEO.
• Leadership and vision: create an environment in which the programme can succeed – working across the Department with senior leaders to manage dependencies.
• Design and build this complex programme.
• Lead, inspire and shape a multi-disciplinary project.
• Change management: determine the optimal programme tranches to successful delivery, balancing the need for flexibility due to ministerial priorities.
• Lead the Programme organisation through the change to ensure optimal delivery
• Stakeholder management: Derive the business change strategy including stakeholder strategy externally and internally to Defra. Developing relationships at the highest level, providing service expertise, support and advice to the SRO and Senior Management Team. Developing and maintaining close and highly effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders within Defra and its Agencies.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.