GSA Techsource are currently recruiting for a Systems Engineer. This requirement is working for an intergovernmental military alliance and would ideally see you based in Belgium. However, for the right candidate remote and London based working is also considered.
- Design the computing, network and storage infrastructure for small network.
- Install and configure hardware components of the computing infrastructure – servers, storage and backup.
- Configure the storage system (SAN and storage devices) according the stakeholders’ requirements and security guidelines.
- Deploy secure virtual server infrastructure based on the VMware product portfolio. Follow the clients security guidelines and commercial best practices for the configuration, including roles and permission design based on the clients delegation model.
- Design and implement VMs provisioning of Microsoft Windows Servers systems using templates.
- Produce high quality documentation for design and/or deployed systems, including configuration description, physical and logical layouts, rack diagrams, connectivity matrixes. When applicable export or backup configuration to the external media.
- Follow security principals and best practices for systems design and deployment, including password management firmware and software updating, etc. Design and implement special permissions for Power Users based on the existing delegation model.
- Be ready to act independently and to take decisions based on the provided system requirements. Evaluate available design documents and propose new solutions if needed.
- Adhere to NCI Agency guidance and directives, and more generally the clients standards
- Any other duties as mandated by the project manager
Must have Security Clearance or be eligible to go through Security Clearance.
Whilst the UK contracting market is predicted to become unstable over the next few months, take the opportunity to work European wide and away from the IR35 headache.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.