Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer|
|Salary:||£35000 - £38000 per annum, Benefits: oncall bonus and benefits|
|Contact Name:||Debbie Gregory|
|Job Published:||February 03, 2017 13:11|
£35,000 to £38,000 (Plus on call bonus, 25 days holiday, well above average pension, certifications.
This is a great opportunity to join an expanding company whom are looking for a Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer with experience of supporting internal Infrastructure, Networks, Software and Systems within a global manufacturing company.
The role will involve supporting and maintaining a broad range of technologies at third line level including but not limited to: Infrastructure, Networks, Telephony, Servers, Back up and Security, Computers, Software and user support. In addition to supporting and maintaining the IT provisions for the business, the successful candidate will be require to provide training to small groups should new technology be introduced to the business.
- Previous experience of supporting a company’s internal IT infrastructure up to 3rd level is essential – ideally with around 4-5 years experience within the IT sector.
- An understanding of working within a complex manufacturing environment (Aerospace, Automotive, Engineering etc) as you will be working to very strict deadlines to avoid any plant downtime.
- You will be working alongside the IT Manager to deliver set IT projects – implementing and upgrading technologies.
- It is imperative that the correct documentation and processes are implemented; you should be comfortable creating and managing documentation.
- Ideally candidates will have IT certifications such as Comptia A+, MSCE, MCDT, MCP, VCP, CCNA etc, however these are desired rather than required.
- Specific knowledge with Windows 7 and 10, Windows Server 2008/2012, MS Office.
- Good Networking and PC / Server Configuration will be required for this post.
- Good knowledge of infrastructure components such as HP Servers, Cisco switches, Data Protector Backup, Virtualisation / storage (VMWare vSphere 5.5 and above, Hyper-V 2008 / 2012, NetApp)
- SQL Server experience would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to communicate across all levels of the business.
- Due to travelling to a multiple of sites, the successful candidate will be required to have access to a car.
- You should be prepared to provide out of hours support, this will be on a rota basis.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Network & Security Engineer - F5 / VPN / Design
£300 - £350 per day
Lead Security Engineer - IDS / Proxy / SIEM / DLP
£400 - £600 per day
Network Security Specialist - Akamai / F5 / DNS
Rates dependent on experience
Datacentre Architect - Nexus / Core Networks / LB
£600 - £700 per day