Senior C++ Developer
|Job Title:||Senior C++ Developer|
|Salary:||£35000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Fairweather|
|Job Published:||May 29, 2019 17:30|
Working under Windows using MS Visual Studio primarily using C++, you will be part of a team involved in all aspects of development. This will include:
- Delivery of virtual events to clients.
- Research and development of rendering systems, game algorithms, new technologies and new products.
- Advising on testing strategy required for client work, tools and new product.
- Interfacing to a variety of bet management systems using a variety of protocols.
- Re-purposing existing systems to run in new contexts.
- Participating in design and code reviews.
- Identifying and addressing performance and stability issues with the software.
- Provide 3rd line support and troubleshooting issues for live software.
- Liaising with clients and regulators.
- Mentoring of other developers.
- Reviewing common code changes and reviewing builds prior to release to test.
- Assist with troubleshooting of other team members live software and software in development.
Personal Attributes and Skills
The candidate should:
- Preferably have a bachelor’s degree or higher in a traditional science subject, ideally computer science, engineering, or information systems.
- Strong technical background in software design patterns.
- Comfortable working under Agile principles.
- Follow and promote software development best practices.
- Have at least 8 years’ experience in MS Visual C++ under Windows.
- Have Senior Developer experience or can demonstrate they are ready and able to take this role.
- Be able to apply themselves to a wide and unpredictable range of software tasks.
- Be prepared to own the entire job, from initial analysis to release and documentation.
- Be able to switch between several concurrently active jobs.
- Be experienced in using version control systems - preferably SubVersion.
- Be able to design solutions that are modular, scalable and portable.
- Be able to work well in a team environment and communicate well with project managers, testers, developers, non-technical colleagues & clients
The following are desirable but not essential:
- Experience in technical or scientific software.
- An interest in sports and betting.
- Central city location
- Almost always 9-5 working. Very little overtime / stress
- Flexible working
- Lots of product going live
- Ability to shape processes
- Fruit, Tea/Coffee/juice, Payday breakfast butties, Team lunches
- Competitive salaries
- Social room (table tennis, pool, PS4 & darts)
- 25 days annual leave, birthday day off
- Option to buy/sell up to 5 days leave each year
- Ride to work scheme
- Social Events
- 5% employer / 3% employee pension
- Casual dress code
- Free use of Udemy
- Life Insurance (2xsalary)
- Employee discount portal
- Occasional foreign travel to meet clients
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's