Network & Security Engineer - Remote / CCIE
|Job Title:||Network & Security Engineer - Remote / CCIE|
|Salary:||£450 - £500 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||June 15, 2021 07:55|
The clients global networks are managed inhouse covering a vast breadth of technology. The role is InfraOps and is to ensure the Network and Security infrastructure remains operational as well as delivering projects for the business which is demanding and challenging.
Duties and responsibilities of the role will include complex troubleshooting, resolving major network incidents, troubleshooting, taking ownership of escalations as well as managing and delivering both Engineering and Operational Projects.
You will need to be operationally aware of changes that impact the EMEA infrastructure but operate in a global environment ensuring collaboration across all regions on a global scale. You will be expected to conduct post incident reviews and on the project front, liaise with peers and the architecture team to review designs for projects. You will also be expected to actively contribute to evolving solution design and develop standards where appropriate.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Good experience in a similar role from a large organisation.
- University degree in computer science/engineering or similar.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional - CCNP certification level at a minimum is required
- CCIE level or equivalent technical knowledge and standard
- Excellent knowledge of routing and switching
- Good knowledge of enterprise firewall solutions (Cisco ASA and Checkpoint)
- Good knowledge of Palo Alto firewalls
- Knowledge of F5 (LTM and GTM) is desirable
- Working knowledge of SNMP, Netflow, RADIUS, 802.1x, SSL
- Ability to work in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to changing requirements
- Good stakeholder engagement skills with a strong customer service mind set
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.