Programme Manager - Business Change - Government
|Job Title:||Programme Manager - Business Change - Government|
|Salary:||£700 to £800 per day - umbrella - INSIDE IR35|
|Start Date:||Jan 2018|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Dean|
|Job Published:||December 05, 2017 15:08|
Additional Info: INSIDE IR35
The primary purpose of the role is to lead and direct development to ensure successful delivery of a range of interdependent workstreams within CJSCP to time, cost and quality standards, releasing the essential benefits on which criminal justice agencies will rely. The successful candidate will work closely with the Programme Director and other members of the Programme’s Senior Management Team, providing service expertise and supporting Service Managers, Business Product Owners and business leads in shaping and delivering the vision for business change, defining how these changes and their associated benefits will be evaluated and ensuring that user-centred, sustainable digital products and services are built and released to the business to the agreed plan, cost and quality.
The successful candidates must be able to demonstrate the following:
● A track record of leading the successful delivery of significant IT enabled business change programmes to tight deadlines and limited resources in the public or private sector, preferably with similar complexity, scale or reach;
● Experience of delivery and reporting requirements within structured portfolio and programme management environments, preferably with an understanding of how Agile at Scale development can be managed within the structure of a programme of simultaneous workstreams;
● Strong and effective stakeholder management skills in a multi-supplier environment: encouraging collaborative partnership working and shared goals;
● Excellent communication skills with the ability to confidently interact with senior stakeholders and effectively explain complex technical problems and solutions, manage feedback from multiple stakeholders; ● Strategic thinking skills, with the ability to analyse complex issues and develop innovative, creative solutions and approaches;
● Excellent leadership skills with the ability to build and inspire high performing teams with a wide range of stakeholders from multiple suppliers to resolve complex business and technical issues;
● Strong financial management and budgeting skills
● Some knowledge of enterprise-scale IT-enabled business change programmes through digital/web channels;
● Demonstrable experience of scaled agile and waterfall project management methodologies.
The CJS Common Platform Programme will completely transform the way that HMCTS and CPS work by replacing technology and changing working practices.
It is essential that the Programme’s leadership team comprises experienced professionals who are able to utilise best practice delivery techniques to ensure that the incremental change approach can be smoothly and quickly adopted by the business.
The successful candidates will be experienced Programme or Change Manager who will support, and deputise for, the Programme Director who will engage with a wide variety of stakeholders including other government departments and agencies across the criminal justice system, as well as the Major Projects Authority, HM Treasury and Cabinet Office, in what will be complex and challenging circumstances, whilst providing inspirational and experienced leadership to development teams, maintaining delivery schedules, reporting on the status of individual developments, agreeing and implanting best practice guidance and accounting for development costs, time and budget.
In addition to being an instrumental part of the CJSCP leadership team, the successful candidates will engage with members of the HMCTS and CPS Senior Management Teams on a regular basis, building strong and sensitive relationships across functional boundaries and advising the Senior Responsible Owners and Programme Board members on key decision points, risks and issues, critical to the delivery of the Programme’s objectives. Crucially, these roles will require a resolute grip on the delivery of incremental change, within strong governance arrangements, utilising best practice delivery techniques to ensure an effective transition of all change to business as usual.
CV Submission Deadline: 07/12/17 @12:00
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Project Manager – (IT and Business Change)
£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: Bonus, training & fantastic benefits package
Business Analyst - Agile
Newcastle upon Tyne
£350 - £500 per day
Junior Business Intelligence (BI)Analyst Developer
£25000 - £30000 per annum, Benefits: 10% bonus, exc training, exc benefits
Senior Business Analyst - SQL / SSRS / MS SQL
£50000 - £55000 per annum
Jira-Confluence Project Manager
£550 - £600 per day