We are looking for a production manager to become an integral part of the manufacturing team. You will undertake a diverse role with responsibility for controlling the movement of all raw materials through to finished goods packaging in your department, managing up to 35 staff, planning and scheduling production resources to meet customer needs.
The business has gone through a significant amount of change and has more planned so you will need to embrace and own change. Further to this, you will be responsible for both the day to day management of technical and production professionals in your area, via your established management team; as well as coordinating and driving development projects which will lead towards performance improvements, cost reduction and greater competitiveness.
In order to get your teeth stuck into this challenge it is essential you have:
- A strong bias towards manufacturing processes supported with a formal managerial qualification
- The ability to lead Continuous Improvement activities, including lean/CI activities, supported with a Lean Qualification
- Demonstrable experience around employee engagement and development of your team
- The capability to project manage change by planning, organising and delivering results through teamwork and effective coordination.
- Able to carry out cost estimating, budgeting and capital expenditure justifications.
- Familiar with H&S and risk assessments and strategies to eliminate workplace hazards.
- Able to exploit the use of PC systems/MS office tools to support the role.
- Familiar with the requirements of QESH Management systems, ISO 9001/14001/45001 & Audit experience of systems
- A hands-on Manager with relevant continuous process manufacturing experience
- Knowledge and experience in PVC, Polycarbonate manufacturing processes
- Relevant H&S Qualification, IOSH or similar
- Degree level educated in Engineering/Management discipline
- Knowledge or use of AX Business system
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.