|Job Title:||Oracle Database Administrator / DBA|
|Salary:||£35000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: 25 days holiday+Bank Hols, FWH, Pension Scheme|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte Blakeman|
|Job Published:||7 days ago|
Oracle Database Administrator / DBA
GSA Techsource is recruiting an Oracle DBA to work for a pioneering games company and join a committed and hard working team to develop and monitor the Live, DR and Development environments. This role is home based, meaning the successful candidate will have to be able to work diligently and independently, communicating with the remote team and ensuring success. The candidate will be expected to report to the technical operations manager, updating them often on any developments.
- Work to maintain the Oracle Database, processing all requests and enacting all changes to the databases.
- Assist with any migration and patching projects.
- Perform some administration tasks when required.
- Advise on future deployment of database events, suggesting any improvements.
- Monitoring storage and resources.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Oracle Database Production support.
- Demonstrable experience using Oracle RAC (with versions such as 10gR2/11gR2/12cR2).
- Knowledge of large databases and a history of working with them.
- Demonstrable experience using Backup and Recovery (Datapump, RMAN etc.)
- OCP Certified is desirable.
- Accomplished in Bash scripting.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.