Network Design Engineer x 3 - CCNP / CCNA
|Job Title:||Network Design Engineer x 3 - CCNP / CCNA|
|Salary:||£650 - £750 per day|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Clawson|
|Job Published:||May 01, 2018 10:34|
Our Central Government Client are looking to add 3 Network Design Engineers to their large infrastructure team. This is a 2 year project and they need Engineers who can hit the ground running. See the details below and please apply today for immediate consideration.
• Job Title: Network Design Engineer
• IR35 Scope: out of scope
• Deadline for questions: 4 hours from distribution
• CV Submission Deadline: 04/05 8.30am
• The Maximum Pay Rate/Not including any fees just payable to candidate: £650 - 750
• Location: Southern House: Croydon
• Travel: Occasional
• Contract Length: 12 months
• Security Clearance Level Required: SC security check
The main responsibilities of the post are:
• Design network services across L1-7 to meet application & users’ needs.
• Capture and analysis of network requirements that applications will place on the network, including bandwidth, latency, fault tolerance and access control.
• Clearly document the high and low level network design and configuration.
• Ensure that network meets the functional and non-functional requirements.
• Creation of network configuration templates for repeatable automated deployment.
• Participating in design reviews and walk-throughs to communicate network designs and validate proposed solutions.
• Resolution of end-to-end network incidents impacting delivery of Home Office services.
1. In depth networking experience, L1-7.
2. Experience of software defined networks such as ACI, NSX, Nuage.
3. CCNP/CCNA Routing and Switching
4. Experience in the design and configuration of networks to support both physical and private cloud environments.
5. Experience of Software Defined Networking and Network Function Virtualization.
6. Experience in configuration of stateless and state-full and next generation firewalls.
7. Demonstrable ability to communicate in both verbal and written communication
8. Experience of working in a transformation project
9. Working in an ITIL organisation
10. Understanding of Government Security Policy Framework.
1. CCIE Data Centre
2. Experience working in Government or highly regulated environments.
3. Understanding of public and private cloud infrastructure.
4. Experience of DevOps
5. Practical experience of Cisco ACI
6. Exposure to Service Now integration
7. Must have current SC Clearance
Project Engineer B (Networks) -
• Design and implementation of networking services that will support Home Office adoptions of cloud services.
• Network design and implementation across physical and virtual environments.
• Bringing in depth understanding of networking concepts, switching, routing, firewalling, load balancing.
• Diagnosing and resolving network issues impacting Home Office users.
• Creating High Level and Low Level designs for network services.
• Creation of solutions designs defining the networking integration points in the end to end solution.
• Work closely with a wide range of colleagues and stakeholders inside and outside of the Home Office, demonstrating good team working and communication skills
• Ensure that network design complies with Home Office standards.
• Effectively communicating with project teams, service teams and stakeholders to deliver network requirements.
• Acting as an interface between network team, infrastructure, platform and applications teams.
Croydon Campus – 80%
HO DC 1&2 – 20%
1. CCNP/CCNA Routing and Switching
2. Bachelor’s degree in any field or relevant demonstrable experience
3. CCIE Data Centre
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Network & Security Engineer - F5 / VPN / Design
£300 - £350 per day
Datacentre Architect - Nexus / Core Networks / LB
£600 - £700 per day
Lead Security Engineer - IDS / Proxy / SIEM / DLP
£400 - £600 per day
Security Architect - Netskope / WAN / Firewall
£450 - £550 per day