Lead Security Engineer - IDS / Proxy / SIEM / DLP
|Job Title:||Lead Security Engineer - IDS / Proxy / SIEM / DLP|
|Salary:||£400 - £600 per day|
|Duration:||3 moths with likely extension|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||13 days ago|
To be successful in this role you will require minimum 5 years’ experience within an IT Security area or SOC working with a wide range of security technologies.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of regulatory, legislative information and industry standards related to the clients products and services (e.g. ICOB, FCA Rules, Money Laundering, Data Protection, 27001, PCI-DSS etc.) as advised by Line Management.
- Managing the security policies of a range of anti-malware and data leakage prevention technologies in line with the clients information security policies, eg. AV, IDS, Web Proxy, Email, SIEM, DLP
- Analysing output of all security technologies and reverse engineering malware for indicators of compromise and cyber-attack
- Work closely with Head of Security to define future security roadmaps using services, processes and technologies that provide cost effective and value for money risk reduction.
- Managing, mentoring and leading a team of Security Engineers and Intrusion Analysts to provide direction and structure, acting as a point of escalation for all security operation issues relating directly to security’s daily operational service and support capability
- Easily recognises system deficiencies and implement effective solutions
- Excellent systems analytical skills to transform innovative and creative solutions into functional systems
- Understanding in all aspects of information technology, its operation and implementation (eg. infrastructure, operating systems, applications, Internet)
- Awareness of industry wide good security practice and operation of IT systems
- Self-starter, self-motivated, self-sufficient and foster ‘trusted advisor’ relationships with the business
- Good understanding of system and software security and application performance best practices.
- Communication skills and the ability to present complex concepts in a simple logical manner, both technical and business terms
- Logical analysis and trouble-shooting skills
- Problem solving and resourceful methodical thinking
- Good organisation and planning skills and attention to detail
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.