|Job Title:||Head of Software Development - AWS / MS / Docker|
|Salary:||£700 - £750 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||26 days ago|
Head of Software Development - AWS / MS / Docker
- Build a highly capable team of software engineers that can respond to the changing of the company and wider digital landscape.
- Technical leadership to ensure the client is implementing the right solutions, using the right technology, promoting re-use of services and patterns, applying software engineering standards and industry best practice.
- An efficient resource management process that ensures software engineering resource is correctly allocated across current and future priorities.
- Overall, develop the PPPT Software Engineering discipline into one that delivers to a high standard and retains and attracts the best software engineers.
- Experience with mainframe systems, particularly in terms of transition to cloud.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience working in agile teams and environments.
- Understanding of RESTful web services and microservices, their pitfalls and best practice.
- Significant experience leading software development teams and overseeing the technical direction of complex projects.
- Experience working with legacy applications and architecture, particularly in terms of migration to cloud.
- Knowledge and experience with cloud computing and best practices for deploying to the cloud.
- Significant commercial experience with mainstream open source programming languages and tools such as Java, Scala, or NodeJS.
- Working knowledge of behaviour driven development, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Strong understanding of good architectural design and knowledge of the latest secure coding best practices.
- Be able to represent the organisation across industry communities and help make it a great place for software engineers to work
- Experience coaching and mentoring junior staff and service tech leads.
- Experience helping organisations make complex technical decisions, across a range of technologies, embedding best practice across the organisation, using existing, extensive knowledge and experience as well as by keeping up to date with industry developments.
- Experience managing resourcing of software engineers across services and managing performance, setting direction and goals as well as inspiring teams to deliver.
- Experience working with diverse stakeholders, technical and non-technical, internally and externally to represent the organisation at senior leadership levels.
You will be required to hold/ungergo SC clearance.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.