Global Data Centre / Systems Architect
|Job Title:||Global Data Centre / Systems Architect|
|Salary:||£90000 - £100000 per annum, Benefits: package plus fantastic benefits|
|Contact Name:||Debbie Gregory|
|Job Published:||July 20, 2017 15:40|
We are looking at a 90 - 100K package, plus fantastic benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Data Centre Architect to join a large global company designing and implementing the next generation automated system administration standards for global Linux environments based within their Data Centre division into a cloud environment.
In this role you will be required to meet business objectives for improved efficiency and service levels across global Data Centres with standards needing to be highly automated using best of breed automation tools for the management of RedHat and Solaris environments.
This is a diverse role and a senior role requiring management of a small team of technical engineers and a pivotal / visible role within this business.
You will need to demonstrate significant experience in the following:
- Hand-on experience of delivering cloud transition projects from initial inception on through to deployment into production usage of differing cloud service models (public, private, hybrid)
- A broad understanding of business and application environments within the financial hosting sector with expert level understanding of system and server architecture within a global network framework to include:
- Expert understanding of the deployment and on-going maintenance RedHat – notably Linux KVMs
- Expert knowledge of the RedHat components required in the global installation environment: Satellite, Cobbler, Puppet, Puppet Dashboard, Foreman as well as their usage and integration into operation support
- Expert understanding x86 hardware and of storage technologies
- Expert knowledge of server security, scripting and shell programming
- Experience with Big Data systems and technologies including deployment, configuration, management and development strategies across numerous vendor solutions (Splunk, ELK, Hadoop etc).
- Practical experience of supporting security best practice approaches in operational environments, including designing hardened system architectures to meet access and auditability criteria.
- Exposure to time synchronisation protocols and their usage within financial production environments – specifically the support and delivery of PTP/NTP services and compliance within operational usage
Full details available upon application.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's