Digital UX Designer (User-centred service design)
|Job Title:||Digital UX Designer (User-centred service design)|
|Salary:||£600 Per Day - Ltd/Umbrella - Outside IR35|
|Start Date:||Nov 2017|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Dean|
|Job Published:||October 25, 2017 17:47|
Senior Digital UX Designer required for 12 month government contract in Croydon – this falls outside of IR35.
Oversee the work of the User Experience Design team. Confidently present detailed ideas and influence senior stakeholders. Work as part of a multi-disciplined team to design outstanding user focused services. Deliver designs that meet web standards, ensuring that key elements are built in from the outset. Contribute to the development and continual enhancement of products. Partner with colleagues to facilitate a consistent and excellent user experience. Communicate credibly with a wide range of digital delivery disciplines and talent both internally and externally.
Key tasks and deliverables:
• include participants with access needs in all research and usability testing • plan, design and conduct in-house user research to better understand the needs and behaviours of all users • plan, design and conduct in-house usability testing to support the design and development of products • lead on test and research moderation, analysis and generation of outputs • turn user research findings into actionable service requirements that feed into prototype development and influence service/product direction • influence how decisions are made, be able to constructively challenge ways of thinking at team level ● • apply knowledge in human factors, ethnography, and the user-centred design process to service development within an agile, iterative environment
• apply user-centred service design and delivery practices and put users first in a government context
• choose appropriate methods for different life cycle phases and situations
• engage the whole multi-disciplinary team with a good research process, and involve teams in analysis to increase consensus and challenge assumptions
• research diverse audiences to create accessible digital services
• convince stakeholders to take a user-centred approach, based on evidence
• understand the wider implications and long term impact of business issues and activities
Digital Services at the Border (DSAB) is an Agile programme within the Border Systems Portfolio that is building functionality to transform the way the Home Office manages Borders into the United Kingdom. You will work in close collaboration with business analyst, product manager, developer and programme colleagues, planning, scoping and delivering the research and design activities to achieve successful service delivery. Users for this service delivery will be Border Force and other government department staff and not the general public. You will be working within a fast paced delivery team and will look for engaging ways to communicate findings to delivery teams and stakeholders unfamiliar with user experience.
You will be passionate about what you bring to service delivery and prepared to be a persuasive advocate for user needs both within the team and the programme at large. Self-sustaining and experienced in using a variety of user research methodologies, you will confidently lead on expansive discovery research and analysis within the broad problem space. You will understand the need for balance between the need to produce fresh user research but that users have been through much business and technology change, both successful and unsuccessful, in recent times.
CV Submission Deadline: Friday 27th October at 9:00. GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's
Apple & Windows Solutions Engineer
To £500 per day - OUTSIDE IR35
Solutions Architect - Oracle, SQL, IPT
To £575 Per Day Umbrella - INSIDE IR35
Security/SW Engineer – Kerberos, Python, Java
£500 to 550 per day umbrella - INSIDE IR35
Head of Technical Services
£85000 - £95000 per annum, Benefits: Car Allowance + Bonus
AWS & Linux Systems Administrator
£500.00 Ltd/Umbrella - Outside IR35