As a development leader you are expected to be highly motivated, highly skilled and passionate about improving the skills, motivation and drive of those around you.
Focusing not just on technical progress but the development of self-organised teams and individuals, you will be responsible for improving the game technology framework and development processes, and for overseeing the technical delivery of the games roadmap in Retail and Interactive, working with the Team Leads within these areas to identify issues and provide appropriate solutions as they occur.
The Game Technology Director will work closely with the Production function, responsible for on-time and quality delivery, and the Design function; translating requirements from concept to reality.
Specific Responsibilities and Experience:
- To own the game framework architecture, and adopt a continuous improvement approach to the technology and development processes which lead to more cost-effective and higher quality game production
- To manage the continued feature development, performance, and scalability parameters of both Retail and Interactive games delivery platforms
- To troubleshoot platform and technology issues with the relevant teams to determine effective and suitable solutions
- To ensure software quality, system scalability and device capability through the management of QA Testers within game studios
- To identify the need for, put in place and manage outsource partners where required
- To have overall leadership responsibility for the development function, encouraging a positive and ‘can do’ culture across the function, playing an active part in recruitment, training and performance management
- To have line management responsibility for Team Leads and the QA Architect, building and maintaining strong relationships through regular one-to-ones, mentoring, and a focus on personal growth and development
- To play an active part in the senior management team, obtaining buy-in for all key deliverables, commitments and changes
- To keep up to date with industry and technological trends in order to build a medium-long term technology strategy, and communicating opportunities, weaknesses and threats to the Chief Product Officer
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience within Software Development and 5+ years of leadership experience
- Clear examples of identifying opportunities for development process / technology improvements within a and driving them through to implementation
- Expert knowledge of C++, rendering technologies and interactive entertainment development
- Recent experience within an Agile software development lifecycle and using agile principles
- Knowledge of the use, management and best practices of source code management and code review tools within a peer review focused environment
- Fluent English with exceptional written and numerical skills with excellent attention to detail
- Incredibly self-motivated with a hands-on approach to development and management
- Recent history within the mobile or retail gambling sector
- Experience and knowledge of server/client architecture
- Knowledge of automated test practices within a development environment
- Recognised Product Owner or Scrum Master qualification
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.