Project Manager (Permanent)
|Job Title:||Project Manager (Permanent)|
|Salary:||£50000 - £70000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Vi-Linh Ha|
|Job Published:||June 28, 2016 16:35|
A business change and transformation consultancy firm based in Birmingham is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their expanding business. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to lead and manage multiple projects across both public and private sector clients across the West Midlands. This is a client-facing role, so strong communication and interpersonal skills are a must.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor project tasks and day-to-day activities, from initiation through to delivery
- Produce necessary baseline management products, including Project Initiation Documentation, Stage Plans and Work Packages
- Identify resource requirements and define project roles
- Manage the production of the required products, taking responsibility for overall progress and use of resources, and initiating corrective action where necessary
- Direct, manage and motivate the project team, ensuring that behavioural expectations of team members are established
- Liaise with and manage the day-to-day relationship with third party suppliers and internal client staff
- Liaise with programme management as appropriate, if the project is part of a programme
- Identify and obtain any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project
- Establish and manage the project’s procedures, including risk and issue management, change control, budget and resource management and communication
- Manage risks and issues/problems on a day-to-day basis, including the development of contingency plans and mitigating actions
- Establish and manage the project controls for monitoring and reporting, including the production of weekly checkpoint reports
- Maintain necessary project records, including plans, issues register, risk register, dependency log, actions and decisions trackers, lessons log
- Advise the Project Board of any exceptions or deviations from the plan and manage through to resolution
- Conduct project closure activities to formalise and communicate the project acceptance, handover documentation and ongoing activities to accountable teams.
- Experience working on large scale organisational change, particularly on transition programmes involving changes to people, processes, IT, behaviour and culture is a necessity.
- Candidates from a consultancy background is preferred.
- Previous experience engaging with and leading stakeholders through structural, procedural, technology and cultural change.
- Practical examples of translating change impacts into workable change plans and delivering those change plans to achieve organisational readiness.
If you are currently looking for new opportunities and would like to discuss this in more detail or update me on your current work situation, please call me on 01543 622 386 or apply for the role with your details and I will be in touch to discuss.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's