Back End/Full Stack Developer (Java8, Hibernate)
|Job Title:||Back End/Full Stack Developer (Java8, Hibernate)|
|Location:||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Salary:||£450 - £550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Charlotte Blakeman|
|Job Published:||October 22, 2018 17:32|
Candidates will need a high level of capability with skills in core Java development (ideally Java 8), web development with Spring MVC or Spring Boot micro services. Others include Hiberbate/JPA, Maven, Gradle, Jenkins/GitLab Cli, REST, SOAP, JSON, Source Code Management amongst others.
We’re looking for developers who write beautiful code. You'll interact with clients on one or more agile projects, typically to help deliver a specific product via a multidisciplinary, highly skilled digital team. You'll be adept at working within complex digital projects.
- Strong core Java skills
- Experience of web development with spring MVC or 3+ years’ with Spring Boot micro services
- Excellent knowledge of Spring Framework (3 and above) and a clear understanding of dependency injection
- Good understanding of Hibernate/JPA and Object-relational mapping, including performance considerations
- Experience with build tools such as Maven, gradle
- Continuous Integration- Jenkins/Gitlab Cli
- Experience developing REST based web services
- Experience integrating systems using a wide variety of protocols like REST, SOAP, JSON and a number of others
- Proven ability to understand and troubleshoot large systems, drilling down to code level to identify the root cause of issues
- Source Code Management- Git, BitBucket, Subversion
- Experience with agile tools and methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Confluence, JIRA)
- Excellent communication skills- written & oral
- Must be able to work in a team environment with minimal supervision, comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders.
- Significant experience of agile development practices - TDD, BDD, automated builds, continuous integration, tooling to monitor code quality
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.