GSA Techsource is recruiting an Application Architect for a 3rd Party Vendor supplying into a key central government agency. The requirement is for a candidate who can make a positive impact, and want to contribute to the most demanding and exciting new digital service for the UK Government. This role will entail a large scale migration project onto digital and cloud platforms, using technologies such as SCL and AWS. A knowledge and experience of understanding how applications operate and integrate is desirable, as well as experience with analysing and understanding the underlying data in these systems. The successful candidate will be capable of working within a team and solving problems quickly and effectively.
Skill and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrable experience and expertise with SCL and ISCS, being able to read, write and understand SCL and ISCS code
- Expertise with AWS and digital/cloud migration is advantageous
- Experience with other technologies including but not limited to: COBOL, Tuxedo, VME, Shell Scripting
- Experience with Oracle DB
- Central government experience is required
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.