In this role you will act as 2nd/3rd line support for incidents, problems and changes to solutions and services. You will also provide specialist technical support and assistance to projects ensuring delivery of requisite non- functional requirements and to continual service improvement. You will be responsible for preparations and support of IT Operations solutions and services, physical or virtual, according to industry and organisational best practices standards, service requirements and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) throughout the lifecycle. Also providing technical support and assistance to projects. Coaching and mentoring junior team members and assist in the delivery of provision of first class service, and consistent levels of capability available as required by the organisation.
- Manage and maintain hardware and software:
- Windows Server 2003, 2008 and 2012 skills
- VMware Virtualization Technology
- Windows Clustering
- Active Directory 2008, 2012
- Microsoft SQL Server o Microsoft Cluster Services (MSCS)
- MDT – Microsoft Deployment Tool
- WDS – Windows Deployment Services
Skills and experience:
- Covering all business critical technical support functions including:
- OS upgrades
- Disaster recovery
- Security hardening
- Performance monitoring and tuning
- Network administration
- Capacity planning
- Shell script programming
Desirable skills and Experience:
- Virtual Center XenApp/XenDesktop
- Exchange Server
- SCCM - System Center Configuration Manager
- SCOM - System Center Operations Manager
- Oracle RAC
- EMC storage
- Oracle RAC
- TSM backup
This role will require SC/DV clearance.
Apply online now or call the office for an informal chat. 01543 622407.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.