WebOps Engineer - Linux, Devops, Agile Scrum
|Job Title:||WebOps Engineer - Linux, Devops, Agile Scrum|
|Salary:||To £550 per day - Outside IR35|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Dean|
|Job Published:||November 02, 2017 14:47|
Responsible for working with project teams to build and maintain automated deployment processes, to encourage common code ownership of the deployment stack amongst project developers, encourage the breaking down of silos between operations and development, and to monitor and administer cloud based infrastructure and platforms.
The applicant must have previous experience maintaining web applications on Linux servers in a production environment and using automated tooling to configure new servers.
● The candidate will help develop the technology and processes for deployment and monitoring of our applications
● Participating in sprint planning to work with developers and project teams to ensure projects are deployable and monitorable from the outside
● Participating in, and contributing to system and process architecture
● Working with product managers to understand user needs for new and existing services
● Working with product teams on a range of tools and services, improving products to meet user needs
● Working with, and supporting, development teams with application configuration for deployment, monitoring and other automation
● Working with developers to test, debug and troubleshoot issues and problems
● Evangelising devops culture
● Building and configuring new server platforms and the automated tooling to do so
● Operational management of Linux servers, delivering web application stacks
● Testing, debugging and troubleshooting of platform level problems
● Supporting development teams with configuring applications for deployment
● Working with third-party providers and government departments to support a variety of integrations
● Ensuring that security standards are adhered to
● As part of this role you will be expected to participate in the 2nd line in-house support and Out-of-Hours support rotas.
● 4+ years WebOps responsibilities
● Experience working in an Agile environment across multiple projects
● Understanding of common web application architectures
● Experience configuring and managing Linux servers for serving a dynamic website
● Experience debugging a complex multi-server service
● Familiarity with network protocols - TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, etc.
● Experience of deploying and configuring machines in a cloud environment e.g. AWS, Rackspace
● Knowledge of application deployment strategies and Continuous Integration, particularly Jenkins
● Comfortable with configuration management tools: at least one of Salt, Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar
● Previous experience deploying web services in PHP & Ruby or Python; or previous experience developing web applications in PHP & Ruby or Python
● Knowledge of the use of version control systems such as git or subversion
● Experience administering common open source databases like MySQL, Postgres or MongoDB
CV Submission Deadline: 03/11 13:00
BPSS (DS) – Baseline Personnel Security Standard (with a Disclosure Scotland) GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's