Validation Actuary - Insurance
|Job Title:||Validation Actuary - Insurance|
|Salary:||£1000 per day|
|Contact Name:||James Hughes|
|Job Published:||October 11, 2017 17:49|
Our client is seeking an Actuary with previous insurance experience to provide independent validation of the clients Internal Model application over 2017, contributing to the overall validation opinion, which will accompany the application. The work will include working on the validation of the Partial Internal Model which will be submitted in March 2018.
The position is for 3 months, based in Telford. Day rate up to £1000.
Your Role & Responsibilities
• Conduct & Fair Customer Outcome responsibilities - Putting customer’s interests at the heart of how we conduct business. Demonstrated through your individual behaviours with a clear focus on treating our customers fairly and delivering the right outcomes at all stages throughout the product lifecycle.
• Assist the team’s production of the annual Stress and Scenario Testing exercise for the ORSA. This will include defining the stresses and calibrations to run, agreeing on deliverables with external stakeholders and assisting in authoring this section of the ORSA.
• Assist the team in its role of validating the company’s Solvency II Partial Internal Model. This will include providing opinion and review of the technical documents driving the model’s design, reviewing approaches to the calculation of stressed balance sheets, and coordinating the different views of other Risk Management functions
• Perform regular risk reviews as they arise within the Risk Assurance Plan
• Validate the business’s compliance with the Use Test requirements of the Solvency II Partial Internal Model
• To provide risk input into projects as they arise, including merger and acquisition activity
• Collaborate with other Risk functions to enable reviews of investment strategy
• Continual development and monitoring of the risk appetite framework for the business.
Skills & Experience
• Knowledge of the requirements of Solvency II in relation to the Risk Function
• Background in risk modelling
• Strong ability in MS Office applications
• Previous life insurance experience
• Basic report writing experience
• Previous experience in using Matlab software is desirable but not essential
• The applicant should be qualified with Institute and Faculty of Actuaries
• Educated to degree standard in a mathematics or an alternative quantitative discipline GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's