We are currently seeking a User Researcher for a Manchester based client.
The successful candidate will be:
Flexible/adaptable. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Takes responsibility/ownership. Proactively removes blockers to ensure that work is delivered. Is able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
High standards. Is committed to quality and is therefore willing to challenge colleagues and to constantly question their own approach.
Openness to criticism and ideas. Draws value from collaboration with others. Actively seeks input from colleagues and values a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Strategic thinking and visioning. Able to understand and communicate the big picture and use it to prioritise and judge impact of smaller tasks and objectives.
Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Isn’t bound by the status quo.
Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude, even under pressure.
Considerate. Enjoys working with and is sensitive to the needs of others. Values a positive working environment.
Key Skills –
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience in and passion for web user centred design practices.
- Proven experience of gathering user requirements for web based services.
- Proven experience of managing, executing and analysing usability test and research sessions.
- Proven experience of working in an agile development environment with User Experience teams, designers and developers to create new digital products and services.
- Experience of audience modelling and developing design personas.
- An in- depth understanding of the available research methodologies.
- Degree in HCI/Usability/Cognitive Psychology/Market Research or related field.
- Experience across web content, tools and transactional services, especially those with complex user journeys.
- Experience within a research and digital environment.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.