Technical (Solutions) Architect
|Job Title:||Technical (Solutions) Architect|
|Salary:||£600 - £750 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||June 19, 2018 17:19|
Technical / Solutions / Architect / Government / Out of Scope / Security / GDS / Contract / 6 Months
We are working with a Government Client to source a Technical Architect to work in their Leeds offices.
The successful candidate will:
- Work with business projects, planners and designers to take an early view of how they can best use IT to deliver business change and achieve Departmental objectives, whilst supporting the architectural design and development of individual IT based project
- Work as part of a team on a small project or strand of a project with support and direction provided by a more senior Technical Architect
- Support Technical Design Authority processes and may present to a project level design authorit
- Will be involved in selecting small scale technology products that may impact larger scale solutions across Government
- Design and contribute to the technical solution in a project by doing the following:
· Translates requirements into IT solutions
· Defines as-is and to-be architectures
· Ensures projects and are compliant with relevant architecture aspects
· Plans and scopes individual work around architectural issues
- Lead small scale value for money challenges on technical proposals
· Clearly documenting Technical Architecture
Methods that can be used to Design parts of a Solution.
- Has a background from a developer/analyst role with some programming, design or business architecture experience, so can provide architecture guidance to other staff on the project and has exposure to IT design with some understanding of architecture principles and techniques
- Proficient in at least one technical area and demonstrates proficiency in at least one technical area with hands-on experience of a relevant technology
- Has worked in IT in a complex, multi supplier environment and demonstrates ability to translate solutions in to business terms
- Proven ability to undertake business analysis of problems and provide the business with high level designs and proposals
- Small scale usage of models to achieve business outcomes.
- Awareness of appropriate development languages
- Awareness of Agile project methodology
- Exposure to Architecture Patterns and models
- Experience of defining and steering viable security architecture strategy and solutions, and developed security architectures against a backdrop of completing business, security and privacy requirements
- Understanding of UK Gov. Security Classifications, and participation in the development of hardware, software and network security procedures and guidelines in support of security policies.
- Experience of defining and implementing technical controls frameworks, including and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of the complexities of protective security with solutions incorporating expectations of Physical Security and Personnel security.
- Ability to demonstrate a deep knowledge of security and privacy risks and threats along with a strong understanding of key considerations such as confidentiality, availability, integrity, non-repudiation and privacy. Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards.
- Able to describe load testing, simulating certain types of Denial of Service attacks, including Distributed Denial of Service attacks, so that assurance can be obtained that sites and applications work under realistic load (traffic) conditions.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.