GSA Techsource is currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Technical Supervisor for an established, privately owned Manufacturing business located in Coventry. A global supplier specialising and a market leader in plastic production with the latest manufacturing technology, innovation and product development.
The Technical Supervisor is pivotal role responsible for the operational control and management of the production department, managing a cohort of up to 28 technical operators covering all on site operational activities. Whilst continually improving and exceeding requirements and achieving agreed output targets within set safety and quality standards to ensure all customers receive their orders on time and in full within budget.
- Develop, maintain and monitor high key performance measures in line with Business Objectives as well as analyse and improve failures against target
- Support with ongoing changes and growth of the department with continuous improvement projects and leadership
- Support the Production Manager with the development of departmental objectives in line with business strategy as well as creating communications on production performance and activities – presenting these to senior management and your team.
- Carrying out root cause analysis on customer complaints and implement corrective actions to prevent re-occurrences and maintaining a high level of service.
- Set daily/weekly/monthly objectives for team members and leaders to support continual development and improvement of the department and processes
- Production and resource planning
- Carrying out regular stock counts – ensuring all materials, tools and consumable transactions are correctly carried out and documented, creating an organized lean assembly environment as well as cost savings when and where possible.
- Ongoing support, mentoring, training and development of team members, as well 1-2-1s, carrying out HR matters including inductions and disciplinaries.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Ability to engage and
- Strong IT skills and knowledge of Microsoft products and manufacturing software
- Expert in Continuous Improvement principles and Lean Manufacturing
- Ability to communicate and training technical/operational changes including TSPECS, Standard Operating Procedures, and Standard Practices
- Competent using Lean Principles, streamline processes, improve cycle times and carry out A3s and CI Projects using DMAIC
- Up to £32,000 per annum dependent on experience
- 39 hours working week
- Day shifts between 7am – 7pm, some weekend work available
- 23 days annual leave + bank holidays
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.