Technical Delivery Manager - Linux / Cobol / Cloud
|Job Title:||Technical Delivery Manager - Linux / Cobol / Cloud|
|Salary:||£500 - £600 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||October 08, 2018 09:28|
- Delivering the VME-R Production and Non-Production environments (end to end) by working closely and in partnership with the clients Technical Services and VME-R Programme
- Establish a coherent set of requirements for the environments
- Create and manage a joint delivery plan with the clients Technical Services
- Ensure that the dependencies between the two programmes are clearly understood, aligned and that dependencies are managed at the working level
- Ensure appropriate plans are in place for the build and deployment to the VME-R testing environments working and supporting in particular with the VME-R Dev Ops team
- Create and own capacity and cost models for the environments
Required skills are a deep expertise in infrastructure delivery and hosting, Linux/ReHat Oracle, Cloud Computing in the Public Sector, Devops and automated tooling and approaches, Networks, Integration and interface technologies and products e.g. File, API based etc. Transaction processing platforms (COBOL and Tuxedo)
Beneficial but not essential experience:
- Understand and manage financial budgets for Technology service provision.
- Have experience of working with security related stakeholders and expert teams to enable secure service provision, both for development and production environments.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions.
- Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment.
Apply online now or call the office for an informal chat. 01543 622407
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.