Technical Architect - MS / Design / VMware / HTTP
|Job Title:||Technical Architect - MS / Design / VMware / HTTP|
|Salary:||£450 - £550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||February 08, 2022 12:04|
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a combination of deep level technical understanding in hosted IAAS, aligned with the consultancy skills required to guide and inspire customers and lead delivery teams.
What you'll be doing
- Assist in the pre-sales process to ensure designs fulfil both customer requirements and operational efficiency goals.
- Work within project teams as a Technical Lead on solution design, deployment, and support transition.
- Work closely with remote delivery and operational teams within the client.
- Be an ongoing technical design authority for larger customers after go-live (TDA)
- For named TDA accounts, integrate into the customer design and architecture boards/forums.
- Consult with new and existing customers to deliver value added technical and professional services such as capacity planning, security audits, performance optimisation, customer premise deployments and migrations.
- Create and maintain design documentation for internal and external use.
- Fulfil occasional out of hours responsibilities to support project implementation (e.g. migrations).
- Maintain technical competencies across a wide-ranging set of data centre and Internet technologies.
- Employ soft skills to assist in creating a positive experience for the customer.
- Following training, be an authority on all the clients technical products and services.
- Ensure time spent on customer engagements is in-line with the services sold, highlighting any misalignment to the management team.
Architectural, design and delivery expertise of:
- Core VMware product set in both single and multi-tenanted environments
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP
- L4-7 Load balancing and SSL Offload (preferably NetScaler/F5 platforms)
- SAN, NAS & ISCSI technologies (preferably NetApp and/or Dell EMC)
- Deep level knowledge of common protocols; HTTP/S, DNS, CIFS, NFS
- Firewall setup and administration (preferably FortiGate, Palo Alto)
- MS Windows 10, Server 2016 and 2019, including Clustering and AD
- Working knowledge of at least one UNIX/LINUX OS (preferably Redhat)
- High level understanding of MS-SQL, Oracle, MS-Exchange, Apache, Tomcat, Windows Media Server, IIS, VDI/Citrix
- Microsoft Office and Visio
- Azure Public Cloud knowledge and related cloud technologies
- Microsoft 365 technologies
- Design principles of WAN topologies and routing
- Experience of working within a professional services consultancy environment or managed service provider.
You shoudl currently hold, or willing to complete SC & DV Clearance checks where required. Hold a valid UK Driving Licence, or willingness and ability to travel is essential.
This role is inside IR35
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's