|Job Title:||Technical Architect|
|Salary:||£500 per day|
|Reference:||17342 / AEJ|
|Contact Name:||Anya Jones|
|Job Published:||November 09, 2021 09:40|
GSA Techsource are currently working with a Global IT Service Provider to recruit a Technical Architect, this is a remote position.
The Technical Architect is responsible for the design, implementation and integrity of complex customer solutions delivered by the client. The solutions are primarily based on their portfolio of managed hosting components with customisation where required. They can vary greatly in size and complexity from a single site ecommerce platform to Global outsourcing solutions.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a combination of deep level technical understanding in hosted IAAS, aligned with the consultancy skills required to guide and inspire customers, and lead delivery teams.
Whilst the role involves working with a variety of customers, you may be engaged as a Technical Design Authority (TDA) for specific named accounts. This involves being accountable for the overall architecture, supported by fellow TA’s and Engineers. As the TDA, there will be regular client interaction and oversight on the managed platform as it evolves during the term of the contract.
- Assist in the pre-sales process to ensure designs fulfil both customer requirements and operational efficiency goals.
- Work within project teams as a Technical Lead on solution design, deployment, and support transition.
- Work closely with delivery and operational teams within the company.
- Be an ongoing technical design authority for larger customers after go-live (TDA)
- For named TDA accounts, integrate into the customer design and architecture boards/forums.
- Consult with new and existing customers to deliver value added technical and professional services such as capacity planning, security audits, performance optimisation, customer premise deployments and migrations.
- Create and maintain design documentation for internal and external use.
- Fulfil occasional out of hours responsibilities to support project implementation (e.g. migrations).
- Maintain technical competencies across a wide-ranging set of data centre and Internet technologies.
- Employ soft skills to assist in creating a positive experience for the customer.
- Following training, be an authority on all the companies technical products and services.
- Ensure time spent on customer engagements is in-line with the services sold, highlighting any misalignment to the management team.
- Extensive experience in an IT Technical/Professional Services role, or relative experience in architecting and delivering complex scalable, resilient, and secure hosted infrastructure solutions.
- Capability and confidence to support pre-sales activities across the companies client base.
- Comfortable owning, leading, and executing project deliverables, providing technical oversight and quality assurance to meet customer objectives and expectations.
- Familiarity in working with clients of varying size and profile, from global majors to mid-size enterprise clients and public sector.
- Experienced within a project/programme managed environment with structured meetings, methodology, and associated deliverables.
- Demonstrable experience in producing high-quality design documentation, from architectural level through to detailed design.
- Previous involvement in reviewing both the technical and financial elements of proposals and statements of work to ensure scope, deliverables and resources meet the stated requirements and objectives defined within.
- Possession of excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication, and organisational skills.
- Capability to manage customer expectations when things don’t go to plan.
- Proven ability to work under pressure whether alone or as part of a team.
- Tenacious attention to detail and quality.
- Currently hold, or willing to complete SC & DV Clearance checks where required
- Valid UK Driving Licence, or willingness and ability to travel is essential.
- Core VMware product set in both single and multi-tenanted environments
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP
- L4-7 Load balancing and SSL Offload (preferably NetScaler/F5 platforms)
- SAN, NAS & ISCSI technologies (preferably NetApp and/or Dell EMC)
- Deep level knowledge of common protocols; HTTP/S, DNS, CIFS, NFS
- Firewall setup and administration (preferably FortiGate, Palo Alto)
- MS Windows 10, Server 2016 and 2019, including Clustering and AD
- Working knowledge of at least one UNIX/LINUX OS (preferably Redhat)
- High level understanding of MS-SQL, Oracle, MS-Exchange, Apache, Tomcat, Windows Media Server, IIS, VDI/Citrix
- Microsoft Office and Visio
- Azure Public Cloud knowledge and related cloud technologies
- Microsoft 365 technologies
- Design principles of WAN topologies and routing
- Experience of working within a professional services consultancy environment or managed service provider.
- Provide assured quality of written and technical deliverables.
- Develop initiatives to drive technical and operational improvements for Technical and Managed Services.
- Contribute to the overall wealth of team knowledge and understanding through collaboration, team meetings, and/or workshops.
- Facilitate and contribute to team/Technical Services meetings in line with personal, team and business progression.
- Build and maintain strong technical relationships with clients and vendors, engendering trust through proven capabilities to deliver.
- Understand the need for recognition and celebrate success within the team.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's