Systems / Server Engineer (2nd Line)
|Job Title:||Systems / Server Engineer (2nd Line)|
|Salary:||£24000 - £30000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Kate Edmonds|
|Job Published:||July 20, 2015 12:31|
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced 2nd Line Systems / Server Engineer to join an established global software focused business, a leader in their industry who are expanding further. They are looking for a Systems Engineer working at 2nd line level to join a strong technical team supporting the business.
The role will be a varied role and will include both BAU and project work. To be successful in this role you will need to clearly demonstrate your experience in the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows 2003, 2008 & 2012
- SQL Server, scripting
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- IIS and web hosting technologies
- Remote administration tools
- Network monitoring
- Configuration management
- Experience supporting multiple distributed sites from a central location
Other technologies that would be desirable or that you will develop in this role include:
- Solid capability with windows server architecture and design
- Experience with DNS and load balancing
- Fundamental understanding of networking to include TCP/IP fundamentals, routing, VLANS, and basic sub-netting principles.
- Experience with Windows Azure or other IaaS platform
- Experience with an SME scale technical estate
- Experience of working in a dynamic support environment
- Understanding of Microsoft BizTalk
- Experience with EMC storage systems
- Exposure to EPiServer CMS or competitive CMS platform
- Appreciation of eCommerce concepts and technologies
- Familiarity with Supply Chain Management solutions
- ITIL background, understanding of ITILv3 practices. Incident, Service, Change, Problem, Release
We are looking for candidates that want to play a key part in taking the company through a period of change and growth, who can demonstrate strong communication skills, a proactive approach, analytical and calm under pressure.
Full details available upon application.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. Calls to 0845 numbers are charged at 7p per minute plus your provider's access charge.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's