Gaming Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Gaming Systems Engineer|
|Location:||Burton upon Trent|
|Salary:||£33000 - £35000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Anya Jones|
|Job Published:||February 11, 2022 15:30|
Burton Upon Trent
GSA Techsource is working with a gaming business to recruit a Gaming Systems Engineer to join their team.
A fabulous opportunity has arisen for a candidate with a range of technical skills and a passion for acquiring new skills to join a small team responsible for the integration of hardware and 3rd party software that supports the video lottery terminal (VLT) gaming platform. The team evaluate new hardware and investigate performance and other issues related to interactions within the VLT technology stack. They are also responsible for technical investigations into issues raised during product development or live operation. The gaming platforms are deployed across pubs, gaming centres, holiday parks, motorway services etc.
- Working with OS build engineer and hardware engineering the role is responsible for ensuring that the client platform can reliably access hardware peripherals.
- All peripherals used by VLTs are in scope. This includes cash peripherals, security dongles, embedded chips (eg TPM), GPUs, touch controllers, network devices.
- Involvement in the selection of candidate hardware based on technical requirements.
- Evaluation of hardware against requirements including performance, reliability, and operational suitability.
- Defining solutions for unattended remote installation and update of drivers as needed.
- Working with the OS build engineer the role is responsible for providing a suitable Windows environment, including 3rd party software, for the client platform.
- Involvement in selection of candidate software based on technical requirements.
- Evaluation of software against requirements including performance, reliability, and operational suitability.
- Supporting development teams in Investigating and determining solutions for unattended remote installation and update of 3rd party software and Windows patches.
- Supporting development in investigating and determining solutions to issues caused by interactions between the company's developed components and OS, hardware drivers and other 3rd party software.
- A prime responsibility is the integration of the various components into a coherent whole that provides an automated, reliable and secure journey from power on to the presentation of the company's platform.
- A major focus will be the introduction of TPM based disk encryption.
- Product Technical Analysis
- Focussing on quantitative measures the role will determine root cause for performance bottle necks and provide advice on potential improvements.
- Using Windows analysis tools the engineer will assist problem management, product and development in the investigation and reproduction of major faults reported by customers.
Required Skills and Experience
Skill set required:
- Windows operating systems administration (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 10)
- Windows performance analysis
- Powershell or other job control scripting language
- Sysinternals tool set
- Networks including traffic analysis, IPSec and router configuration.
- Linux/Openwrt installation and administration.
- Selection of PC, PC components or related peripherals (eg note readers, touch controllers)
- Remote access tools, SSH. VNC, PSRemote and RDP
- Software development and/or testing
- Problem analysis
- Experience of kiosk machines
- Experience of the gaming machine industry
This client has an amazing benefits package, including;
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- An excellent pension plan
- Life assurance coverage
- Private Healthcare scheme
- Great social events
- Flexible working
- Birthday leave
- Employee Discounts
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's