GSA Techsource is recruiting a system engineer to work for an engineering and aerospace public service; the role requires a candidate who can ensure effective integration across space, ground, operations, and system segment activities and products; hardware and software. The candidate must have experience supporting the coordination of system integration requirements, and applying lessons learned from similar space architecture system efforts to ensure successful definition, planning and development. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or equivalent is required in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Physics, or similar.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Interacting and collaborating with contractors and government leads to ensure that all system level interface requirements are consistent
- Support to preparation of ITTs and other relevant technical documentation
- Active SC clearance, willing to undertake DV clearance
- 3+ years of demonstrated system engineering experience within space, ground, operations or sustainment segments of an aerospace programme
- Experience of using open architecture system development efforts throughout the entire systems engineering lifecycle is desirable
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the Enterprise Architect and DOORS tools
- Experience with requirements and interface management, risk management, change boards and change board environment
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills as well as organisational skills
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.