SQL Server DBA (Database Administrator)
|Job Title:||SQL Server DBA (Database Administrator)|
|Salary:||£45000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: fantastic benefits|
|Contact Name:||Debbie Gregory|
|Job Published:||August 02, 2017 16:47|
Are you a Stoke on Trent based DBA with a thirst to learn new technologies?
Are you keen to work in an autonomous role where you’ll also have a huge support network of skilled technologists and caring managers?
Then maybe this is one for you... A fantastic opportunity for an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator (DBA) to join a successful and growing company based in Stoke on Trent (no it’s not a certain betting company!;))
Working as part of a highly technical team you will enjoy a varied and challenging role focused on SQL Server DBA duties and a variety of project work relating to systems upgrades and refreshes.
As an experienced SQL Database Administrator (DBA) you will be responsible for ensuring a modern and stable data platform and your experience will need to include:
- Monitoring SQL Servers and troubleshooting issues as they arise to keep the production servers running smoothly
- Performance tuning and optimisation
- Develop, Maintain, Support any new SQL SP’s Functions that are needed
- Maintain existing SQL Environments – Dev, Test, Stage, UAT, Production
- Manage SQL Server and Database Security in line with ISO 27001 standards
- Proactive approach to performance and process improvement
- Project work relating to upgrades and refreshes of estate
Any of the following would also be an advantage:
- SQL Server 2008 R2 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016
- Experience of SQL Migration to at least SQL 2012
- MUST have Complex T-SQL – must be fully proficient
- Experience of dealing with very large databases
- SSRS/SSIS/SSAS would be nice but not essential
Boasting an excellent benefits package, they offer a laid back yet supportive environment and would love to discuss the role with you at interview should you feel this is an appropriate match!
SQL Server DBA (Database Administrator) - Stoke on Trent - £50,000
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.