|Job Title:||SQL Server Database Administrator / DBA|
|Location:||Kingston upon Thames|
|Salary:||£60k to £65k Plus Excellent Company Benefits|
|Start Date:||Flexible - Will wait notice|
|Contact Name:||Jackie Dean|
|Job Published:||20 days ago|
SQL Server Database Administrator / DBA
The Database Administrator / DBA will work in the data team, helping provide 2nd and 3rd line support of their production, UAT and test data services, working with colleagues to maintain tools, and resolve incidents and requests quickly and effectively, escalating incidents to colleagues when required.
Key Responsibilities: Our client operates a number of mission critical data services – including a 3TB RAM/144 core/1.6m IOP 4 node SQL 2014 AlwaysOn cluster, Splunk and Tableau for business and operations data analytics.
Projects to be completed in the next year, scaling out our Splunk and Tableau infrastructures and updating to SQL 2016.
- Windows 2008r2/2012r2/2016
- SQL versions 2012r2 or 2016
- On-call troubleshooting experience with at least one production SQL Server for a year
- Working with developers to improve the performance of that query by tweaking it or modifying indexes
- Ability to install software, and understand how you would install software at scale (on multiple systems at the same time)
- Service Desk or case-logging software
- Familiarity with Active Directory and NTFS permissions
- Ability to demonstrate familiarity with the concepts of IP networking and firewalling
- Understanding of security concepts
- Tuning T-SQL queries to improve performance
- Understanding of programming, specifically .Net
- Working with source control
- Understanding concepts of NoSQL
- Experience database platforms which are not MSSQL
The starting salary and company benefits package are excellent.
Please submit your application for an informal discussion – our client can interview and hire ASAP! GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.