- Implement and release database changes in co-operation with developers and users.
- Provide technical advice on all aspects of SQL Server to management, developers and users.
- Design and implement SQL Server databases as required.
- Design, plan and execute or supervise execution of specialist technical tasks
- Drive your own self-development in your area of expertise aligned with the organisations’ technical strategy.
- Provide technical consultancy, expertise and advice to all managers and teams within IT
- Work with others to set the appropriate level and quality of standards, policies, procedures and processes
- Attend Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings to represent changes proposed by the DBA team
- Document plans, support instructions and other necessary documentation
- Pro-actively identify and manage problems, incidents, risks and issues
- Act as a technical coach or mentor
- Identify opportunities to develop business solutions
- Contribute to technical meetings
- Apply HMG IA technical security controls according to ISO 27001 & the Security Policy Framework (SPF)
- Promote and display the IPO and Civil Service Values
Ability to demonstrate knowledge and experience of the following technologies: -
- SQL Server (version 2008 and 2012)
- Database Administration
- SQL Server (version 2008 and later)
- TSQL programming
- SQL Server 2005/2008/2012 performance monitoring and tuning
For an informal discussion please contact Ellie Walker on 01543 622407 email@example.com
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.