Space Segment Lead
|Job Title:||Space Segment Lead|
|Salary:||£900 - £1000 per day|
|Contact Name:||Rachel Clawson|
|Job Published:||June 06, 2019 13:54|
GSA Techsource is recruiting a space segment lead to work for an engineering and aerospace public service; the role requires a candidate who can ensure effective integration across space, ground, operations, and system segment activities and products; hardware and software. The candidate will be responsible for the technical delivery of the space segment architecture, ensuring the Space Segment Contractor is performing and delivering the required tasks, directing them as required, ensuring that the space segment is correctly and coherently integrating into the Ground Control Segment and at the system level. Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree or equivalent is required in Electrical Engineering, Aeronautical, Communications Engineering (technical), Physics, or similar.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Interacting and collaborating with contractors and government leads to ensure that all system level interface requirements are consistent
- Support to preparation of ITTs and other relevant technical documentation
- There will be close working relationships with the Technical Director, Chief System Engineer, Chief System Architect and other segment leads as well as the Technical Design Authority.
- Active SC clearance, willing to undertake DV clearance
- 3+ years of demonstrated system engineering experience within space, ground, operations or sustainment segments of an aerospace programme
- Extremely motivated individual who is a self-starter and a team player
- Experience writing and delivering technical documents and briefings
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.