GSA Techsource are working with a Central Government Agency to recruit Software Engineers. You will support the design, build, run and maintenance of software application as part of a multi-functional agile delivery team. You will be responsible for making clean secure code following a test driven approach. You will create code that is open by default and easy for others to re-use. You will build and test web applications, implement internal and external application programming interfaces (APIs) and maintain web applications. They improve software that meets user needs.
This position is to fill gaps within the team - particularly with node.js skills. They are looking for specific experience in node.js and with user interface technology - to work alongside full stack developers.
This is mainly java-based, but front-end activity through node experience would be great.
Front-end presentation-based rather than back-end. Dealing with the user-side that clients will use.
Will be interacting with back-end technologies (i.e. encryption etc)
- Design and lead the strategies for building reusable libraries and services;
- Own the development of medium-long term strategies for product lines and the Software Engineering Community;
- Identify and support the resolution of infrastructure faults;
- Provide 3rd line support on products developed, including out of hours support as and when required;
- Lead multiple Software Engineering teams providing technical leadership and guidance. Including coaching and mentoring your team and their professional development;
- Contribute and set strategic direction for product team and the wider Software Engineering community;
- Lead the collaboration & sharing of knowledge and good practice with the wider software engineering community;
- Lead and support community discussions about best practice within Software Engineering.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.