You will be responsible for the operational stability of the products you build, and be in a position to affect change in the on-going robustness, resilience and stability of those products.
You will contribute to the overall Software Development Lifecycle Process within Software Engineering, following the agreed Architectural & Software Engineering principals to ensure the products developed are fit for purpose.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Deliver software products which make up services for our citizens to consume
- Transform business requirements in to production ready code
- Ensure system robustness, resilience and stability
- Design and develop reusable libraries and services and promote reuse across the department
- Contribute to community discussions about best practice within Software Engineering
- Produce comprehensive suites of automated unit and integration tests to ensure code quality
- Assure there is a fit for purpose, robust automated test suite
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Software Engineers colleagues and peers
- Assist in the development of medium-long term strategies for products
- Define version control strategies for the source code of the product
- Identify and resolve issues preventing delivery or continuation of software engineering activities
- Collaborate across teams and liaise with Principal Software Engineers and Technical Architects to investigate technical solution.
- Produce comprehensive technical documentation for wider consumption
- Experience of leading Software Engineers in a complex, multi-disciplinary environment, delivering products within specific time-scales and engaging with multiple senior Stakeholders
- An ability to quickly comprehend and convert business requirement into technical solutions
- Significant and demonstrable knowledge of both SQL and no-SQL database applications such as Postgres, MySQL, and MongoDB
- Significant and demonstrable experience working with distributed version control systems such as Git
- Significant and demonstrable experience of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks
- Significant and demonstrable experience implementing Software Engineering best practices
- Experience of developing in cloud based environments
- Significant and demonstrable experience of using Linux based Operating Systems like RHEL
- Demonstrable experience working with Software Engineering collaboration tools such as Jira, Confluence, Slack
- Demonstrable experience of Behaviour Driven Development with tools like Cucumber
- Experience of modifying and maintaining systems and code developed by other Software Engineers
- Experience building public facing and internal REST APIs
- Experience developing software within a Micro-Service architecture
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.