Software Development Engineer
|Job Title:||Software Development Engineer|
|Salary:||£40000 - £50000 per annum, Benefits: excellent Benefits Package|
|Contact Name:||Ray Adams|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2016 15:36|
The successful candidate will work on the control plane for the Citrix virtualisation stack. This ToolStack is the part of the code that manages storage, networking and virtual machines across clusters of physical hosts, and provides the public XenServer API. As the control plane sits in the middle of the software stack, you will work closely with other teams that manage Storage, Windows virtual machines, lower-level components such as the kernel, and the user interface. You will have the opportunity to act as Feature Lead for the development of multi-person, cross-team features.
As the control plane is mostly written in a functional language, OCaml, and all code is developed using an agile, open source methodology this position represents a fantastic opportunity to develop your skills and gain experience in advanced Software Engineering.
This role provides the opportunity to participate in the development of an open source program that is backed by a major software company. Our developers interact with customers, partners, and with the open source community.
We will look at applicants with 2-3 years sound knowledge of C ++, degree level education in a computer or science based subject and the desire to learn and progress within a team of exceptionally talented engineers.
- Software development, including design, estimation, testing and coding
- Day-to-day issue triage and code maintenance
- Leading the development of cross-team features, and participating in other cross-team initiatives
- Input into future product requirements for XenServer
- Enthusiasm and drive to learn new paradigms and technologies
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux internals
- Experience of multiple programming languages
- Interest in concurrent programming and programming languages
- Demonstrated use of software engineering best practices such as code maintainability, code review, automated testing, and continuous integration
- A passion for excellence in terms of performance, reliability and usability, as well as functional correctness
- Wide knowledge of procedural languages (e.g., C, C++, C# or Java) and scripting languages (e.g. Python); or functional languages (e.g., OCaml, ML, F#, Scala or Haskell)
- Bachelor's or higher degree, or equivalent, preferably in software engineering, computer science or the physical sciences
- 3 or more years’ experience of software development
- Distributed systems
- Server virtualisation in general, and Xen or XenServer in particular
- Datacentre-sized and cloud-sized deployments
- Scrum or other agile development practices
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's