SOC Analyst - DLP / SIEM / Firewall / IPS / IDS
|Job Title:||SOC Analyst - DLP / SIEM / Firewall / IPS / IDS|
|Salary:||Competitive Day Rates|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||December 04, 2019 11:43|
To be successful in this role you will need to have worked in an operations based role for a number of years working within a SOC/NOC environment. You will have working experience of reviewing traffic & alert logs on Firewalls, IPS, IDS, Windows, Linux & DLP. You will be able to support high priority incident management and handling processes. A good working knowledge of Linux/Windows is essential.
- Able to perform risk & security assessments
- Keep your knowledge up to date with recent attack methods/characteristics
- Work with and coordinate the Help Desk, Network & other IT departments to remediate already identified risks & weak spots
- Be able to perform routine actions of analysing correlated events logs to help identify between harmful and normal activity within the network using SIEM
- Maintain records of security monitoring and incident response activities, utilising case management and ticketing
- Assign and escalate incidents to and within the SOC
This is initially a 6 month contract with scope for extension, based just outside of Manchester.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.