Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer
|Job Title:||Site Reliability Engineer / DevOps Engineer|
|Salary:||£450 - £550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||November 01, 2021 11:36|
The client is seeking a Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Engineer to work within the Workspace Services division of Enterprise Infrastructure Services. Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) has recently been introduced into Workspace Services as a methodology to manage the infrastructure as code – a break away from the traditional Operations model. The main responsibilities of this exciting new role are:
- 50:50 split, developing infrastructure automations and infrastructure support
- Analyse current issues in the production environment that have repetitive issues and to seek permanent resolutions through automation.
- Work with Engineering teams to transition new products and features to have autonomous self-healing designs such that they can be immediately supported by SRE.
- A mixture operational engineering and development skills are required for this role.
- Initially, the role will be to assist with the introduction of Microsoft 365 throughout the client globally.
- Develop automations using the following toolchain: Ansible Tower, GitLab, Python, Jenkins, JIRA.
- Due to the initial role being Microsoft 365 focused, as opposed to generic SRE, some understanding of Windows, Office and Microsoft Azure cloud would be advantageous.
- The candidate must be a highly self motivated team player with good oral and written skills and confidence to present to management.
- The candidate should also have a good sense of discipline for change control procedures.
- A flexible work ethic is required with the ability to form part of a multi-platform global SRE team
- Relevant industry experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in developing enterprise automations which are reliable and easy to maintain
- Proven project leadership skills including providing solid project documentation
- Ansible/Ansible Tower
- Windows Server
- VMware ESXi
- Cloud (Microsoft Azure or Cisco CloudCenter a bonus or other major vendor, e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Integrating with, creating API’s (Python Flask or Django a bonus)
- Ansible YAML
- MS PowerShell/DOS Batch AND/OR Linux Bash/Shell scripting - Must have one
- ITIL or SRE Processes
- Security & Controls
- Change Management
- Experience of working in any large global multi-national enterprise
- Active Directory / LDAP / Kerberos
- Networks (Local/Global Load Balancers, AD DNS, CNAMES, VLAN’s, virtual switches, UCS)
- Source Code Management (Git/GitLab)
- Jenkins Groovy Script Pipelines
- Container orchestration (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Automation, automation testing, inc. CI/CD
- Scripting with security credentials (WMI, WinRM, CredSSP, CredentialManager, SU, KSU, Ansible Vault, PAM, CyberArk Vault)
- Capacity Management
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's