Systems Engineer (VMware, Citrix)
|Job Title:||Systems Engineer (VMware, Citrix)|
|Salary:||£28000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: Free Onsite Parking, 25 Days Holiday|
|Start Date:||Dependent on Candidate Notice Period|
|Contact Name:||Sheryl Roe|
|Job Published:||April 25, 2016 16:30|
Salary – up to £35,000
Commutable from the following: Newark, Mansfield, Nottingham, Chesterfield, Sheffield, Derby, Worksop, Tamworth, Loughborough, Leicester, Burton on Trent, Grantham
We have the pleasure of presenting an excellent permanent opportunity for an established Systems Engineer to join a global multi-sited company with the HQ based within the Midlands area.
The client is looking for someone who has experience of the installation, configuration, administration and support of various Microsoft products, especially with Virtualisation and Citrix technologies, working alongside the Lead System Engineer you will have the opportunity to really develop your skills set and professional expertise .
- To work alongside the Senior/Lead System Engineer to help maintain existing IT systems and networks
- Work with a small team to implement and maintain the full Wintel Stack
- Alongside the IT manager and Senior Systems Engineer you will help with the design and implementation of new systems to improve the overall IT process
- Develop technical documentation and processes and ensure all systems are compliant to set policies and procedures.
- As this is a multi-sited business, you will work both onsite as well as providing remote support to external end users
- This role requires a large degree of technical knowledge so it is anticipated you will have been within a Systems Engineer (or similar role) for at least 4 years.
- You will have excellent communication skills and have the ability to discuss technical issues across all areas of the business.
- It is essential that you have hands on knowledge and experience of VMware and Citrix as well as the standard Microsoft products – you will be expected to work on your own initiative and with little supervision.
- Technology requirements: Windows Server, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, VMware, Citrix.
- Accreditation's such as: VMware (VCA, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX), Microsoft (MCP, MCSE, MCSA, MTA), Citrix (CCE-V, CCP-V, CCA-V) would be extremely beneficial, however not essential.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's