Senior Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Systems Engineer|
|Salary:||£32000 - £40000 per annum, Benefits: Pension, Heath Care, Life Assurance, Bonus|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Fairweather|
|Job Published:||March 15, 2019 10:38|
Location: Stoke on Trent
To assist with the development, maintenance and support of a diverse IT infrastructure. This will include:
- Ensuring the availability, integrity and performance of systems through a process of continual improvement
- Design, integration, testing and documentation of new technologies
- Liaising with 3rd parties to design and implement strategies to deliver infrastructure services
- Escalation point for any issues highlighted by the IT Service Delivery Team, ensuring timely resolution
- Direct communication with customers to manage expectations
- Ensuring the availability, integrity and performance of IT infrastructure
- Pro-actively review the IT infrastructure to identify areas for improvement
- Maintaining documentation of IT infrastructure and associated processes
- Working with IT Support Team to resolve issues
- Design and provision IT solutions to support Group strategy, including supporting documentation
- Assist both Database and Software Development Teams as required
- Adhering to and ensuring the enforcement of all Group policies
- Assist in the review and amendment of Group information security policies
- Create and maintain documentation, including systems configuration, processes, test and project plans
- Timely escalation of issues to IT Operations Manager.
- Proven experience and understanding of Windows 2003 - 2016 Server core services and Active Directory management (including Group Policy, login scripts and roles)
- Experience of VMWare, including maintenance and provisioning
- Experience of installation and supporting of Microsoft Exchange 2003 – 2016 (O365)
- Excellent working knowledge of core networking services - e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, RDP, SNMP, LDAP, Kerberos
- Networking skills – e.g. switching, routing, VLANs, PoE, WLAN, MPLS
- NAS / SAN storage infrastructures
- Knowledge of Mobile Device Management
- Experience of Automated Monitoring and Alerting
- Knowledge of Avaya telephony systems an advantage.
- Knowledge of UCS is an advantage
- Experience with cloud technologies including Azure, AWS with VMware VMC an advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem solving ability in complex technical landscapes
- IT related Degree and/or Microsoft certifications - MSCE, MCITP
- Proven ability to produce high quality deliverables in terms of content and presentation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Please get in touch!!
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.