Senior Lead Architect - Brussels
|Job Title:||Senior Lead Architect - Brussels|
|Salary:||€400 - €550 per day|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||April 07, 2020 11:29|
- Understand, translate business requirements into system and infrastructure requirements.
- Define Infrastructure architecture principles, decisions and architecture views
- Interlock with others Architects/Technical specialists to provide technical directions.
- Participate, on a punctual basis, on specific projects related to his/her specialty.
- Responsible for leading the technical Infrastructure design, and can justify and communicate his/her design decisions
- Develops infrastructure architecture in line with defined customers’ strategy;
- Analyze business requirements to develop technical solutions and their framework;
- Deliver high-level and low-level design;
- Participates in the meetings to define new projects and provides the design of the infrastructure architecture, the detailed Bill of Material to be part of the project and estimates the services for the implementation and delivery of the infrastructure architecture;
- Maintains the infrastructure related documentation by ensuring that all the projects proposed architectural changes are reflected in the documents;
- Provides input for Incidents/Problems/Defects to the Operational team;
- Provides input to organize regular knowledge transfer sessions;
- Capable of making and guiding effective decisions, explaining clearly how the decision has been reached. The ability to understand and resolve technical disputes across varying levels of complexity and risk.
- Work shifts of 8 hours covering the time range between 08h30 and 18h30 from Monday to Friday with some flexibility required when overtime is exceptionally needed.
- Travel to Strasbourg when required by the manager: travel cost on top of the rate.
- Professional experience in ICT domains as described below with a number of years of experience as infrastructure architect;
- Technical understanding of IT products for every layer in the stack. Knowledge of most commercial and open source alternatives for the following layers:
- Application frameworks and accelerators (custom vs. packaged);
- Application servers (e.g. Oracle WebLogic, Apache Tomcat, JBoss, …);
- Middleware and queuing solutions
- Database & storage technologies and platforms (e.g. Oracle, NoSQL, …);
- Virtualization technologies (e.g. VMware);
- Operating systems (RHEL, Unix, MS Windows)
- Physical Infrastructure (e.g. racks, blades, network, …);
- Network technologies (Switches, Load balancer, …)
- Technical understanding of the characteristics of application styles and when to apply each:
- Business Intelligence and Analytics platforms;
- Batch-driven applications;
- Web applications;
- Rich client, thin server applications;
- Must be details oriented, analytical, and demonstrate ability to work in ambiguous environment;
- Must be self-directed with proven ability to make mature decisions supported by thorough data analysis;
- Knowledge of ITIL V3 processes.
- Good communication skills.
- Good writing skills
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's