Senior Business Analyst - SQL / SSRS / MS SQL
|Job Title:||Senior Business Analyst - SQL / SSRS / MS SQL|
|Salary:||£50000 - £55000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Ellie Walker|
|Job Published:||October 25, 2018 16:49|
GSA Techsource have an exciting opportunity recruiting for a well-established consultancy company, operating with significant experience of leading service transformation, ICT projects & programmes and a strong ethos of working with our clients to deliver success.
Our client’s ambition is to grow based on a proven approach and a strong delivery team. The recent growth in the business has led to new resourcing demands for established business analysts to support delivery of our projects and programmes.
You must have a demonstrable track record of business analysis and have proven ability to operate at all levels of client side staff and be effective at a senior level. A strong, engaging, professional, delivery focused and flexible client approach is a critical requirement. You will have to be a self-motivated and outgoing professional with excellent analysis and client facing skills who would thrive within a small consultancy company moving through rapid growth.
The client is primarily involved in delivering business improvement for their clients through a combination of enabling technology, business process and people change. This role is critical in identifying the scope of required changes and processes, and any supporting technology to meet desired business outcomes. You will need to be competent in the full business analysis life-cycle from supporting the initial high level proposal and business case development / tendering through to delivery of high quality business process analysis, re-design and implementation activities. A knowledge and experience of understanding how applications operate and integrate is desirable, as well as experience with analysing and understanding the underlying data in these systems. Experience of working in a project delivery environment is an essential requirement.
You will be working on client site therefore you will be working directly with client staff. It is essential that you will be experienced and confident to deal one-to-one with client staff, to a senior level.
Key responsibilities of this role:
Core Analysis Experience and Skills
- Experience of analysing different business environments and cultures at a strategic and tactical (process) level
- To elicit, review and validate business, functional and non-functional requirements in an efficient and effective way, using proven techniques
- To document requirements in a variety of formats, to suit different audiences and different stages of the project lifecycle
- To provide analysis and business change support to all project activities, on both client and internal work
- To work with the client, project managers and various technical specialists e.g. ICT architects, test managers, 3rd party suppliers; to ensure the requirements are accurately defined and fit for purpose.
- Business Analysis / Process Specialism:
- To lead on key project products such as options appraisals, recommendation reports, gap analysis and business cases
- To define current and future operational scenarios – e.g. business models and processes, user stories, use cases, staffing models and structures
- Data / Systems Analysis Specialism:
- To lead on key project products such as data modelling reports, data flow summaries, system and interface design documents
- Experience of a variety of data interrogation techniques, using a variety of systems – e.g. MS SQL, T-SQL, SSRS, MS Excel
Skills & Experience
- A high level of business acumen and client side negotiation skills
- An influencer, with excellent stakeholder management and presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills – face to face, orally and written
- Competent on the use of IT to undertake report writing and analysis – e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Visio.
- Proven experience of the full IT projects lifecycle and of project initiation and scoping activities
- Proven experience of stakeholder analysis and stakeholder engagement to a senior level
- Good understanding of ICT systems and future trends, proven experience in the use of IT to enable and drive business processes and business change activities
- Proficiency in IT and business change processes and projects
- Proactive, self-motivated, enthusiastic and professional manner
- Empathetic, positive and solutions driven approach
- Pragmatic, with a logical approach to issues resolution
- Ability to operate individually and within a multi-skilled team of both internal company, contract, client and supplier staff.
- Strong interpersonal, team building and leadership skills
- Proven skills in the areas of people management and engagement
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.