Senior Business Analyst – Commodities Trading
|Job Title:||Senior Business Analyst – Commodities Trading|
|Salary:||£80000 - £100000 per annum|
|Contact Name:||Vi-Linh Ha|
|Job Published:||May 17, 2016 16:57|
Within this role, the candidate will provide requirements and capture distilled business vision for multiple projects within the trading division, as well as managing expectations of the key business stakeholders and working closely with the project manager or acting as the PM for delivery of these projects.
- Primary responsibility is the determination & clear articulation of business requirements for the trading areas
- Stakeholder management to ensure the solution meets business requirements and there are no business surprises for go-live
- Create the functional architecture & business process reengineering requirements for the logical design of the solution, including screen design & usability to optimize business processes
- Key point of functional escalation for technical requirement development & testing
- Manage software delivery expectations throughout the development lifecycle
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to act as a bridge between the business and the capacity to design, develop and interact with additional in-house technical developers, translating business concepts into requirements that are implementable
- Expected to have (7 - 10+) years’ experience of requirements analysis in a commercial environment
- Expected to be a domain expert in position management and mark-to-market / profit & loss pricing and risk, including real-time valuation.
- Demonstrable ability to drive business process changes - challenging current business practices
- Track record of working in a team that has delivered large scale applications, to agreed timescales and to agreed quality standards
- Experience of a variety of software development methodologies (e.g. continuous integration, iterative development)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong academic background – excellent degree from a top tier university is required in a subject that demonstrates the need for logical thinking, precise understanding and clear articulation
- Broad knowledge of commodities trading, ideally for physical commodities
- Domain expert in at least one of the following areas:
- Trade capture for physical commodity & derivative transactions
- Trade confirmation management, including term sheet and confirmation/contract production
- Position & risk management for physical commodity trading
If you are currently looking for new opportunities and would like to discuss this in more detail or update me on your current work situation, please call me on 01543 622 386 or apply for the role with your details and I will be in touch.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's