This requirement is working for an intergovernmental military alliance and although the UK office is based in London, this particular role would see you working predominantly in Belgium supporting their European systems.
Under the direction of the Service Line Chief (SLC), the post incumbent is responsible, by utilising their skills and competencies, for the implementation of risk strategies and plans in accordance with current NATO and Agency regulation, policies and procedures. They will perform duties such as the following:
- Planning, implementation and management of risk in accordance with the appropriate NATO regulations and NCIA policies and procedures;
- Development of a robust and effective NSII Risk Management Plan, Inclusive of:
- Risk Management Strategy
- Risk Register
- Risk Improvement Plan
- Risk Communications Plan
- Risk Response Plan
- Risk Progress Reports
- Initiate and implement risk strategies, analysis, and reports in relation to the SL Business Plan;
- Execution of the necessary risk mitigation functions essential to the successful delivery of capability and services;
- Delivery and management of a comprehensive and effective Business Continuity Plan;
- Control and monitor the NSII Risk Mitigation funds
- Participation in other project management related activities;
- Undertaking relevant technical support activities;
- Performing of other duties as may be required
Experience and Education:
- A Master of Science (MSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a related discipline with 5 years post related experience;
- Or a Bachelor of Science (BSc) degree at a nationally recognised/certified University in a related subject with 7 years post related experience;
- Or exceptionally, the lack of a degree may be compensated by a lower academic qualification combined with the demonstration of particular abilities or experience of relevance to this post, or with a military experience in a related subject;
- Certified in risk and project management methodologies (PMI-RMP, PMP, PRINCE 2);
- 3 years of proven experience as a Risk Manager;
- Proven ability to communicate effectively and in writing with good briefing skills;
- Ability to understand operational requirements and translate them into technical and/or implementation requirements;
- Prior experience of working in an international environment comprising both military and civilian elements;
- Knowledge of NATO responsibilities and organization, including ACO and ACT.
For this role, you must hold active Security Clearance.
Whilst the UK contracting market is predicted to become unstable over the next few months, take the opportunity to work European wide and away from the IR35 headache.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.