GSA Techsource is recruiting a Ruby on Rails developer to work for a Software Development company who work predominantly with the local community. This is an exciting opportunity for you to get involved in a large scale expansion, joining a growing team of developers using agile methodologies to create an excellent technical environment.
In this role you will develop new features in collaboration with your colleagues, building and maintaining efficient, reusable and reliable Ruby on Rails code. This will require you to be able to identify and resolve any bugs that are reported and maintain the general quality of the code.
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Experience working within an Agile environment
- Experience with PostgreSQL / MySQL
- You must have good understanding of object-oriented programming and the MVC model
- You must be a strong communicator, able to form strong working relationships with colleagues
- Some experience with HTML 5 and CSS3 is desirable
- Excellent database design skills would be advantageous
- Must have at least two year’s industry experience
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.