GSA Techsource is looking for an outstanding Quality Assurance Analyst, who can make a positive impact, and want to contribute to the most demanding and exciting digital service for the UK Government. Let’s be clear about the impact of your work - better digital services in government will change the face of public services and have the potential to dramatically transform the future of millions of people.
The candidate will have outstanding skills and be ready to quickly get to work within an agile multi-disciplinary team of Developers, Designers, and Analysts.
They will be the kind of person who is unconcerned with titles and hierarchy; what really excites you is problem-solving and the opportunity to deliver innovative technology that carries real value for users. They will draw value from collaboration with others, actively seeking input from colleagues and valuing a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Day-to-day the candidate will be an integral part of that team in designing, creating and improving new and existing products, platforms and transactions across government.
- Experience with testing products with the following technology stacks (or equivalent): Ruby, Java, .NET, SQL, XML, web services.
- Experience in testing web applications with knowledge of browsers and user-interface testing techniques.
- Commercial experience as a QA engineer/software developer with a significant focus on test automation.
- Strong knowledge of software best practices like test-driven development (TDD), behavioural-driven development (BDD), and continuous integration.
- Experience with all aspects of test automation: functional, performance, stress, etc.
- Experience with more than one of the leading test automation tools and frameworks, closed-tools such as QTP and open-source tools such as Sahi, Selenium, Watir/N, FitNesse, and Cucumber etc.
- Testing products with the following technology stack (or equivalent): Java, web services and Git
- Developing automated tests with Selenium, Cucumber and Geb/Groovy.
- Testing web applications with knowledge of browsers and user-interface testing techniques
- Strong knowledge of BDD, TDD and CI
- All aspects of test automation: functional, performance, stress, etc
- Experience with Ruby, XML, JSON, YAML, Mongo DB
Person specification- the ideal candidate:
Flexible/adaptable. Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
Takes responsibility/ownership. Proactively removes blockers to ensure that work is delivered. Is able to produce significant output with minimal wasted effort.
High standards. Is committed to quality and is therefore willing to challenge colleagues and to constantly question their own approach.
Openness to criticism and ideas. Draws value from collaboration with others. Actively seeks input from colleagues and values a multidisciplinary team over hierarchy.
Strategic thinking and visioning. Able to understand and communicate the big picture and use it to prioritise and judge impact of smaller tasks and objectives.
Creativity/innovation. Generates new and innovative approaches to problems. Isn’t bound by the status quo.
Enthusiasm. Exhibits passion and excitement over work. Has a can-do attitude, even under pressure.
Considerate. Enjoys working with and is sensitive to the needs of others. Values a positive working environment.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.