|Job Title:||Project Engineer (Tool Room, Bespoke Building)|
|Salary:||£28000 - £35000 per annum, Benefits: + Overtime premium|
|Contact Name:||James Hughes|
|Job Published:||11 days ago|
Project Engineer (Tool Room, Bespoke Building)
Generally, this will involve the erection of new machinery which, because of the unique nature of their product range, must be conceived, designed, manufactured and installed in house. Working closely with other teams in the business such as the maintenance team you will be used to drawing on different peoples knowledge and working together to build a machine that goes above and beyond the brief. Often the machinery created within this team outlives the designer so you will be able to clearly demonstrate a passion for the work you do and understand building for the long-term future rather than an immediate fix.
You will be expected to work side by side with an apprentice and so team working and mentoring responsibilities will be present.
Essential Characteristics/Qualifications and Experience
- Educated to a minimum of a technical HNC or HND
- Served a craft or tech apprenticeship in either Sheet-metal/Fabrication or tool room. Other similar disciplines would be considered
- Able to take a highly technical drawing and turn it into a reality, using measurements and fitting knowledge etc.
- Also, you should be able to build new machines from scratch by using sawing, drilling, fabricating, milling, finishing, filing and more.
- CNC, PLC and Inverter Programming, Electronics, Control Logic, Project Planning and Estimation,
- You will always be thinking two steps ahead, looking at drawings and using past experiences to produce the best possible solutions.
GSA Techsource Ltd operates as an Employment Agency when recruiting for permanent vacancies, and an Employment Business when recruiting for contract vacancies. All contract rates quoted are to Ltd companies.